"Dress Like Coco, Live like Jackie, Act like Audrey, Laugh like Lucy"
The weather is starting to get warmer and your mailbox is getting filled up with invitations for outdoor summer parties, from weddings and graduation parties to barbeques and patio/pool parties. So once you've RSVP'd to all these get togethers, the question becomes "What do I wear?" Don't frett, we've got you covered for that ideal outfit for all your events on your summer calendar.
1. Search for clothes that keep you cool
- For the more casual get togethers, a sundress or romper in fabrics like cotton or rayon will keep you cool on those warm summer days. Find outfits in bright colors or fun patterns to mix it up a bit.
2. Give your LBD the night off
-Go with a classic and chic cocktail dress for a wedding. Try to opt for some color, so you're not blending in with all the "Little Black Dresses." If you must wear black, add bold and colorful jewelry to give it a twist.
3. Wear comfortable shoes
-I don't know about you, but I don't sit much at social events, unless I'm eating. I like wearing heels, but they can be brutal on your feet. Look for wedges and thicker heels so you'll be more comfortable. If you're going casual, instead of throwing on a pair of flip flops, put on a cute pair of flat sandals that will keep you comfortable and look great at the same time.
4. Take along a light sweater or cardigan
- I'm always cold, so I bring along something to keep me warm when the sun goes down or head inside where the air conditioning is on full blast. A summer weight cardigan or sweater in a neutral color is perfect to bring along with you.
So whether you're going to a casual get together or a fancy soiree, make sure you are wearing something you feel good in and of course look great too!