The tax free period starts on Friday, August 3, 2018 and ends on Sunday, August 5, 2018.
During the weekend, the following items are exempt from sales and use tax:
- Clothing priced at $75 per item or less;
- "School supplies" priced at $20 per item or less
Help ensure our students are Equipped to Learn! Get them the supplies they need to succeed. Bring in school supplies to donate to Cleveland/Canton City Schools and receive 10% off your clothing & women's accessories purchase.
Here is a list of suggested supplies.
- Paper: lined paper, copy paper, construction paper, spiral notebooks, composition books, index cards
- Pencils & Pens: blue or black pens, #2 pencils, colored pencils, erasers, pencil sharpener, pencil case, colored markers, crayons, highlighters, dry-erase markers
- General Supplies: dry-erase boards, paper clips, 3-ring 2" binders, pocket folders, report covers
- Classroom staples: stapler, staples, rulers, protractors, glue sticks, scissors, tape, calculator
- Things you can never have too much of: tissues, sanitizing wipes, hand sanitizer
Canton: Friday 10am-6pm, Saturday, 10am-5pm Pinecrest: Friday & Saturday, 10am-8pm Sunday 12pm-5pm